Pedestal coffee tables - European dining tables.
Pedestal Coffee Tables
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- A position in which one is greatly or uncritically admired
- base: a support or foundation; "the base of the lamp"
- an architectural support or base (as for a column or statue)
- The base or support on which a statue, obelisk, or column is mounted
- Each of the two supports of a kneehole desk or table, typically containing drawers
- a position of great esteem (and supposed superiority); "they put him on a pedestal"
Sri Harmandir Sahib - Golden Temple of the Sikhs
My first book is ready! This 8.5 by 11.5 inches hard bound book has 146 pages and aprox 125 pictures. Priced at Rs 995/-, it has been published by Unistar Publications, Chandigarh.
For trade queries please contact Mr Harish Jain
You can also reach me directly on my id i.e : email@example.com
Brief about the book:
It can be said that the Sikh psyche is entwined with the history of the Golden Temple all through. The book Sri Harmandir Sahib – Golden Temple of the Sikhs is a befitting visual tribute to its timeless glory. The ace lensman Anurag Yadava, smitten with aura, splendour and devotion of the pilgrims; has ably captured the spirit through the beauteous language of visuals. The pictures are incredibly alive, freezing the magnificent splendour of the Golden Temple and the complex and capturing the spirit of utmost faith reflected on the faces of the devotees. This however is no ordinary coffee table book merely meant to adorn your living room. Text by IJS bakshi, though brief is pertinent to its conception, the basic principle of its working, holy practices and meaningful rituals. Each chapter is aptly initiated by pithy sublime translations of shabads from Sri Guru Granth Sahib by none other than the redoubtable S. Kartar Singh Duggal. For the uninitiated, it is an incisive guide halting at significant milestones like its history, art and architecture and its unique concept of seva and langar. Overall the book offers valuable insight into what makes the Golden Temple occupy a high pedestal and stand tall amidst other historic gurudwaras.
Forrest Red Gum Coffee Table
This beautifully finished Red gum coffee table has a slab pedestal under one end and an interestingly textured stump under the other end. The wedge shaped top is 620mm wide over the slab end and 370mm wide over the stump. It is 930mm long and stands 420mm high. It is nicely proportioned and certainly one-of-a-kind.
refinish pine table
wooden picnic tables
inlaid wood dining table
hudson console table
round pedestal dining tables
black rectangle dining table
vintage glass table lamp
card tables and folding chairs